This complicated-looking card is actually quite simple to make. It is a tri-shutter card (Thanks, Bonnie)
• Neutral colored card-stock
5 1/2” x 12”
• Decorative paper or light card-stock (red, white, blue)
5 1/4 x 10”
• Punched stars or other decorative elements
• Small ribbon bow to coordinate with decorative paper
• Stamp with patriotic saying.
• Fireworks stamp (optional)
• Dark blue ink pad
• Marker in coordinating color (optional)
• Fiskars cutting tool or ruler and cutting knife
• Adhesive of choice
• Use the following cutting guide to cut the decorative card-stock for the decorative layer.
• On the large neutral card stock in the portrait orientation, make a long slit starting at 2” and extending to 10” at 1 1/2” from each of the two edges.
• In landscape orientation, score from the top edge to the top slit at 2” and 10”. Repeat from the bottom slit to the bottom edge. Score from top edge to bottom edge at 4” and 8”.
• On the front of the card mountain fold at the first three score lines from top to bottom. Valley fold at the next set of score lines, then Mountain, etc. all the way across the card. The top and bottom portions of the card will have four folds total, while the center portion will have two.
• Glue one of the “T” decorative panels to the front of the card. Glue the other to the front (inside) of the back panel of the card. Glue one of the smallest decorative panels to each of the smallest panels. Glue one of the long, thin decorative panels to the long panels on the top and bottom of the card.
• Stamp the saying on the larger central area of the card to which no decorative panel has been affixed using blue ink. Randomly stamp the fireworks stamp all over the card, as desired.
• Decorate the front of the card with stars or other embellishments. Allow some of the items to extend beyond the front panel, but take care that the adhesive is only on the portions to be affixed to the front panel.
• Add a bow to finish the card.
• The finished folded card size is 4” x 5 1/2”, which will fit into a standard A2 envelope.