• 4.25" x 5.5" piece of card-stock
• 8.25" x 8.25" piece of text weight paper in same color as card-stock.
• adhesive (glue, double sided tape, or a xyron)
• Fold card-stock in half to form a standard sized card. Set aside.
• Stamp the square of paper as desired. Valley fold square paper in half diagonally. Open.
• There should now be an 'X' folded in the paper. Mountain fold the paper in half to form a rectangle. Open.
• Fold on the diagonals again, collapsing the center fold, to the inside of the structure, forming a triangle (squash fold).
• Fold the top layer's right corner to the center of the baseline.
• Repeat with the top layer's left corner. Turn over and repeat.
• Open and then collapse each of the little flaps just created into the center of the mechanism.
• Add glue to the top of the mechanism, then close the card so that both of the inside surfaces of the card are attached to the mechanism.
• When the glue is dry, open the card to see the "explosion".