Punchy the Owl
MATERIALS:EK Success Whale of Punch - Bracket
1 3/8” EK Success Circle Punch
1/2” EK Success Circle Punch
1” McGill Daisy Punch
1/4” Round Fiskars hand punch
Stewart Superior Memories Ink - Brown
American Craft Ultimate Gel Pen - White Pastel
Brown marker or colored pencil (optional)
3” round Hydra Sponge
4” x 4” scrap of craft card-stock
1 1/4” square of yellow or orange card-stock
Small scrap of white card-stock
Small scrap of black card-stock
Adhesive of choice
PUNCH:From Craft card-stock
1 x Curly bracket
2 x 2” Scallop Circles
1 x 1 3/8” Circle
1 x 1/2” Circle
From Yellow/Orange card-stock
1 x 1” Daisy Punch
also hand cut one small triangle for the beak
From White card-stock
2 x 1/2” Circle
From Black card-stock
1 x 1/4” Circle
PREPARE:• Cut 1 of the scalloped circles in half. Trim if desired to form wings.
• Trim about 1/4” from one side of the 1 1/2” craft circle, making a flat edge.
• Cut the 1/2” craft circle in half.
• Cut the orange flower in half. Remove 1 petal from each half.
• Sponge brown ink around outside edges of all brown or white pieces.
• Draw “feathers” on whole scallop and wing pieces as desired.
ASSEMBLE:• Glue wings to front of chest, attaching only near the top of the wings.
• Glue head to chest with the flat edge on top.
• Glue bracket to top of head to form ears.
• Glue white circles below the bracket, making sure they touch each other.
• Carefully glue beak into place, inserting under the white circles.
• Glue black circles onto the white circles, making eyes.
• Glue the craft half circles over the eyes, making lids.
• Use the white gel pen to draw highlights on the eye centers.
• Glue the partial daisies at the bottom, from behind the chest piece, to form feet.