Birthday Party GiftsThis card uses two different simple pop-up mechanisms to make birthday gift packages on the inside of a fun card. They are easier to do than they may seem... try a couple of them on scrap paper to get the hang of them, and you'll be more than ready to make this card!
- Paper and Cardstock
- Bazzill Singles, Purple, Classic Texture, 4 1/4"x8 1/2", 4" x 4", plus small scraps for "ribbons" on gift boxes
- Various Patterned Papers
- Green, 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
- Purple, 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
- Pink, 1 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Blue, 1" x 2 1/2"
- White card-stock, about one sheet
- Inkadinkadoo Clear Stamps, Birthday Fun
- Bow stamp
- Inks and Embossing Powders
- Ranger Distress Ink Pad, Dusty Concord
- Ranger Distress Ink Pad, Shabby Shutters
- Versamark Pad
- Seafoam White embossing powder
- EK Success 1" circle punch
- The Scor-buddy
- Ranger Heat-It Compact Heat Gun
- Copic Marker, Yellowish Green
- Ultimate Gel Pen, White Pastel
- Yellow green colored pencil
- Red-liner Tape, 1/4" width
- 3D Large Circle Foam Dots
- Glue of choice
- White thread
- Score the 8 1/2" piece of purple card stock at 4 1/4" and fold on the score line, forming a 4 1/4" square card.
- Affix the 4" square of purple card stock to the card front to reinforce it.
- Attach the green square of patterned paper to the front of the card diagonally.
- Use the Versamark ink to stamp the word "Party" at the lower left of the card front, crossing onto the green patterned paper.
Emboss with white powder and the heat gun.
Set the card aside.
- Stamp two balloons with Shabby Shutters ink and one with Dusty Concord ink onto scrap white card-stock.
Cut each balloon out.
- Stamp a gift with the Dusty Concord ink onto white card-stock scrap.
Color the circles in the pattern on the gift with the green colored pencil.
- Stamp the bow with the Dusty Concord ink onto a white card-stock scrap.
Cut the bow out carefully.
- Stamp the circular Happy B-day in the Dusty Concord ink.
Punch it out with the 1" circle punch.
Attach a 3D foam dot on the backs of the gift, the concord balloon, and the Happy B-day circle.
Set the balloons, the gift, the bow, and the saying aside.
- Stamp the confetti on the upper right corner of the right side of the inside of the card using the Versamark ink.
Use the heat gun to emboss with white powder.
When cool, color random items in the confetti green using the Copic marker.
Set the card aside
- Cut white card stock scraps to the same size as the patterned paper rectangles.
Score them as shown in the diagram below (1/4" from each end and on the center line for all but the longest piece, which gets scored at every inch, leaving a 1/4" flap on one end.)
- Adhere the patterned paper to the white card-stock of the same size.
Mountain fold on the score lines with the patterned card-stock facing up.
Reopen the pieces flat.
- Apply red-liner tape to each of the 1/4" tabs of each of the rectangles on the patterned paper side.
Starting with the 4" long rectangle, peel off the liner on the right side of the rectangle.
Attach the piece, patterned side down 1 1/2" from the fold, flush with the bottom edge of the card.
Fold the piece backward on its center line score.
Remove the red-liner from the now-exposed piece of tape. br Carefully close the card.
- Repeat with the process with the 3 1/2" long rectangle, but attaching the first piece of tape at 1 1/4" from the fold and flush with the top of the other attached piece.
- Repeat with the 2 1/2" long rectangle, but attaching it at 3/4" from the fold and flush with the top of the second attached piece.
- Remove the liner from the tape on the last rectangle. Fold on each of the score lines and then attach the edge of the rectangle to the 1/4" tab to form a squared tube.
- Add red liner tape to the side of the squared tube where the seam is, and to one of the two edges adjacent to it.
Remove the liner from both pieces of tape and attach the squared tube to the left edge of the bottom "gift" and the left side of the card, flush with the bottom of the card.
- Add small strips of purple card stock to the "gifts" to simulate ribbons.
Add the bow to the top edge of the bottom gift so that the bow won't extend beyond the edges of the closed card.
The inside of the card is now completed.
It will close flat, and yet the gifts will pop open when the card is opened.
- Finish the front of the card by attaching the two green balloons toward the upper right corner.
With the foam dot, attach the purple balloon in front of the two green balloons.
Tie a piece of white thread to the purple balloon and extend it toward the bottom of the card.
- Attach the Happy B-day saying at the bottom right of the card, catching the thread under the foam dot.
Use the white gel pen to draw "strings" from the two green balloons toward the bottom of the card.
- Attach the gift in the center of the green diamond. The card is now completed! miles, Kathy