Four PursesThis card is based on a card by Lis Whiting. When I first saw her card I fell in love with the little purses, and knew I just had to make a card like it. I was inspired! Unfortunately, though, I couldn't find the little purse stickers so I decided to make my own. I used a variety of punches and materials I had on hand to make my version of the card (Totally CASEd from hers!)
My card is monochramatic in pink; I have a loved one who is battling stage 4 breast cancer, and the card is for her. The next time I make a card like this, though, I will probably try the wonderful color scheme from Lis's card.
- Paper and Cardstock
- Bazzill Blossom
- White cardstock scraps
- I used pink papers by Mellissa Frances and Daisy D's. Use patterned paper of your choice.
- Small pieces of narrow ribbon and or floss.
- Assorted mini-brads
- Prima Sprites 2, Fuchsia
- Pink Ribbon, 1/4" width, about 12"
- NOTE: These are the punches I used, but many other punches would be suitable. Experiment!
- EK Success Slim Line Large Punch, Real Estate Sign
- EK Success Whale of a punch, scalloped tag
- EK Success Whale of a punch, Circle, 1 3/4"
- EK Success Whale of a punch, Square, 1 3/8"
- EK Success New Style Medium Punch, Scallop Circle, 1"
- Martha Stewart Medium Punch, Scalloped Circle, 1"
- EK Success Circle Punch, 1/2"
- EK Success Circle Punch, 3/4"
- Fiskars 1/16" Circle Hand Punch
- Cutting Tools
- Fiskars Portable Trimmer
- Cutter Honey Bee Scissors
- 3D Large Circle Foam Dots
- Glue Dots, Mini Size
- Tie a bow in the center of the piece of ribbon.
- Cut a 5 1/2"x11"piece of the Bazzill cardstock.br Scor and fold at 5 1/2" (in landscape orientation) to make a 5 1/2"x5 1/2" square card.
- Cut four pieces of the Bazzill cardstock, each 2 1/4"x2 1/4".
- Cut four pieces of a lighter toned patterned paper to 2 1/8"x2 1/8".
Mount these onto the reserved Bazzill squares.
- Cut four pieces of a darker toned patterned paper to 2"x2".
Mount onto the the reserved squares.
- Cut a 5 1/4" square piece of the lighter toned paper used above.
Center the bow on the front of this paper, and wrap the ends around to the back of the paper and glue or tape into place.
Mount the paper onto the front of the card.
- Mount the four squares onto the front of the card.
Set the card aside.
- Create the four purses.
- Punch a Real Estate Sign out of a striped patterned paper.
Fold it in half.
Use a small piece of foam tape to seal the open edge.
Trim the fold edge as shown.
Trim the other side the same way.
The main purse is formed.
Punch a scalloped tag out of white cardstock.
Align the bottom of the tag with the open edge of the back of the purse piece and glue into place.
Fold the top of the tag over the fold edge of the purse to form a flap.
Attach a small loop of ribbon or fiber to the fold of the scalloped tag.
Affix the flap to the purse with a glue dot.
Punch a 1/16" hole in the tip of the flap.
Add a square mini-brad through the hole.
The first purse is done.
- Punch a square of one of the brighter papers.
Fold up about 1/4 of the bottom edge of the square.
Affix that folded piece to the back with some foam tape, forming the purse body.
Punch a 1" Scallop Circle out of white cardstock.
Fold the scallop circle in half and center on the top edge of the purse body.
Affix the scallop to the back of the purse body.
Trim the purse body from the lower corners to the edges of the scalloped flap.
Prepare a handle by punching first a 1/2" circle out of white cardstock.
Punch a ring by punching a 3/4" circle on the white cardstock, ccentered around the hole left by the first punch.
Cut the ring in half.
Attach the half circle to the back of the purse body to form the handle.
Affix the front of the flap to the body of the purse with a glue dot.
Punch a 1/16" hole centered near the edge of the flap.
Attach a circle mini-brad through the hole.
The second purse is done.
- Punch a large circle out of a light-toned patterned paper.
On the wrong side of the circle, fold in two sides about 1/4" each.
Use a small piece of foam tape to affix one of the folded panels to the back; affix the other flap with glue of choice.
Create a ring of a darker toned patterned paper by double punching with the 1/2" and 3/4" punches (described in more detail in purse II.)
Punch a scallop circle out of white card-stock.
Fold the circle in half.
Make small slits along the fold in the circle.
Pass the ring through the slits in the circle.
Glue the scallop circle in place.
Punch three 1/16" holes near the purse edge of the scallop circle and insert three mini flower brads.
The third purse is finished.
- Punch a large circle out of double sided printed paper.
With the lighter toned side up, fold over about a third of the circle to form a flap.
Trim off a portion of one side.
Use the cut piece to help guide your cut from the other side, making sure they match.
Crochet a 1 1/4"chain from some ebroidery floss.
Punch two 1/16" holes near the fold, but toward the front of the purse.
Use a floss threader to pass the ends of the floss through the holes.
Attach the ends of the floss to the inside of the purse flap with a small piece of tape.
Curl the flap slightly around the end of the crochet hook or other small cylindrical object, and affix the flap with a glue dot.
Punch a 1/16" hole in the edge of the flap. Attach a small star brad through the hole.
The fourth purse is finished.
- Add a purse to the center of each of the four squares on the card with a 3-d foam dot.
- Stack two Prima flowers together with a brad in their centers.
Affix the flower to the center of the card with a 3-D foam dot.