Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Moving Princess Card

WOW! A post two days in a row! Don't fall over! I am starting to be able to be vertical for longer periods of time now, so I am not having to save all that time for household chores and can actually sneak in a little bit of stamping. I hope to be able to post here a little more regularly, but don't count on does seem to have its way of getting in the way. lol.

Here is today's card.

I saw a version of this card on a YouTube video a long time ago and have wanted to make one ever since. It is very similar to my auto-pop birthday card that I shared with you as the second project in this post.

The basic assembly is very much the same as for that card, even though the size is a little different since that card was done in portrait orientation, and this will be in landscape. Also, instead of putting a rubber band on the tabs, I put a dragon and a princess. Additionally, my window is bigger (3" scalloped square), and I used a transparency sheet to make my tabs which are a single layer instead of a doubled. I started with two 7 1/2" x 4 1/4" rectangles of sturdy (pink!) card-stock. I scored each of them at 1", 1 1/2", 6", and 6 1/2".

Next, I die cut the hole in my card front, just centering the die in the center of the piece.

Next, I folded the card back so that the folds at 1" and 6 1/2" were mountain folds, and the ones at 1 1/2" and 6" were valley folds.
I folded the card front so that the folds at 1" and 6 1/2" were valley folds, and the ones at 1 1/2" and 6" were mountain folds.

I stamped and colored (and glittered) my dragon and princess images, and then cut them out. I attached each of them to a piece of acetate sheet 1" x 3.5" (dragon on the right end of one and the princess on the left end of the other.

I also stamped and colored my castle background on a scrap of white card-stock cut to 4 1/2" x 4 1/4". I glued the background to the back panel so that it would be visible through the card front's hole.

I added my strong tape to the 1" edge panels of the my card back and peeled off the liner. I then placed my clear tabs onto the card back so that the dragon and princess met in the middle. I made sure they were well adhered to the card back, then added a little strong tape to the front of the tabs so that I could adhere the tabs to the card front, too.

I peeled off the liner on the tape, then carefully attached the card front to the card back. I trimmed the excess of the two tabs.

The last thing I did was decorate the card front and the pull tab panels with dimensional stickers and punched paper lace.

This card is meant to be viewed in the stand-up position, but also in the fully opened position, where the whole sentiment and castle are revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment