Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FranticStamper Precision Dies Blog Hop - Day 3



Here we are on the third and final day of a design team blog hop to help celebrate the launch of Frantic Stamper Precision Dies. You should have arrived here from Jennifer Willis' blog and will next head off to Sharon Jeffs' blog.

As I told you over the last two days, FranticStamper has developed a brand new concept in die cutting! The Precision Dies have been designed to work together easily to create all sorts of windows in cards and more! Die Sets #1 & #3 are based on 1" squares, and sets #2 and #4 are based on 1-1/4" squares. The squares and rectangles in the dies have 1/4" gaps between them. The dies also have 1/8" borders, so when you bump them up against each other, they create the same 1/4" gap between cuts, making it simple to create windows in nearly endless variety.

I had the pleasure of getting prototype and pre-release die sets to play with, and I have to say that they are a total BLAST to use. They not only cut through cardstock, craft foam, felt, and other materials like a hot knife cuts through butter, but they also align with each other to cut complex windows or frames in seconds. But don't forget that they also work great individually!


The first card I want to share with you today is the first card I made with the dies.



I used the Series 2, 4-up square die (FRA-Die-02004), the Series 2, Double square die (FRA-Die-02002) and the Series 2, Triple square die (FRA-Die-02002) in combination to cut a 3x3 grid window out of white card stock. I mounted the grid onto a light blue card-stock panel using foam dots..

I then stamped (with Memento ink on white card-stock) and colored (with Copic Markers) the Frantic Stamper Cling-Mounted Rubber Stamp - Magnolia image. I then cut the image into 1.25" squares.

I glued the image squares through my grid window, onto the light blue card-stock background. Once finished, I mounted the light blue panel onto a darker blue card. I finished the card off with a little tag and with a white hand-made medallion.


And lastly I wanted to share the quickest card I made. It is a Halloween card that literally took fewer than 3 minutes to make.



I started with a half-sheet of card-stock, cut the long way and then scored to form a top-opening standard sized card. 30 seconds down.

I then laid the Frantic Stamper Precision Die - Series #3 (1" base) - Triple Size Rectangle + 3 square (FRA-Die-03005) onto the front of the card and ran it through my die cutting machine. We are now at one minute.

I glued an orange panel to the inside of the card, and added glue dots to the backs of my chosen buttons. We are 2 minutes into the card.

I glued the buttons into the windows, wrapped my ribbon around the card, through the window and tied the bow, and then stamped a Trick or Treat greeting on the inside. Voila... The card is done in under three minutes. It took me longer to tell you about it than to MAKE it!


I hope you enjoyed today's cards and the hop. Next you head to Sharon Jeffs' blog. But then don't forget that Fran at Frantic Stamper is offering Blog Candy for this hop; either Set #1 or Set #2 of the square dies, winner's choice! After visiting Sharon's blog be sure to click through to the Frantic Stamper blog and leave a comment about one of the items you have seen on the hop to enter the give-away. The winner will be chosen randomly from qualified entries on tomorrow morning, and will be notified via the blog sometime that day.

Also be sure to check out the wonderful dies at www.franticstamper.com! You will love them, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment