Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Card Making Day!

I hope to make a card or two today in honor of World Card Making Day. It is still a little rough for me to craft since I had a second (much more invasive and serious) surgery on my right ankle 6 weeks ago, and I am just having a hard time if I don't keep it elevated. But I am going to try!

If I DO get to make some cards, I will definitely be using my incredible new dies from FranticStamper! They just announced the dies yesterday, but I was lucky enough to get an early release, and I have to tell you these dies ROCK!


The dies work separately or in combinations to instantly create fabulous window cards! They cut square windows in either 1" or 1.25". The dies are designed for squares to be cut 1/4" apart, even when you are using more than one die in combination. Cutting a grid of square windows is trivial. BUT there is more! The dies also have rectangles that can be combined with the squares, and the rectangles take into account the 1/4" spacing, so they align perfectly with the squares! You have to see these things to get an idea of all the possibilities they open up!

So... off to craft. Wish me luck. If I do get some cards done, I will be sure to add them to this post later today.

In the meantime, Happy World Card Making Day! Go create!

UPDATE:

I only had time and energy for one card. I used two Frantic Stamper Precision Dies -- Single Squares from series #2 to cut diamonds on the front layer of the card. I then used the windows on that layer and two FranticStamper Precision Dies -- Single Squares from series #1 (the dies are the EXACT same size as the holes cut by series #2!) with a little tape to hold them in place and cut the second layer. This layer makes a perfect mat for the top layer's windows! I then used a 3/4" punch to punch my squares for my stamped images, added a ribbon and some Bronze Candi pieces, and had my finished card!

*TIP - I used the back side of my patterned paper for the mat layer...it is guaranteed to match the front!

Here is the card:





No comments:

Post a Comment